By Rich Leatherberry, Associate Pastor for Mission
- I am saved and nothing can separate me from the love of God. (Jn 10:29; Rom 8:38-39)
- I am the salt of the earth. (Matt. 5:13)
- I am the light of the world. (Matt. 5:14)
- I am a child of God. (John 1:12)
- I am Jesus’ friend. (John 15:15)
- I am called to love and make a difference in the lives of others. (Jn 13:34-35; Ja 2:14-17)
- I am chosen and sent to help others know Jesus and His love. (Jn 15:16; Mtt 28:18-21)
- I am a daughter/son of God; God is spiritually my Father. (Rom. 8:14-16; Gal. 3:26, 4:6)
- I am a joint heir with Jesus and I share His inheritance with Him. (Rom. 8:17)
- I am a temple and the Holy Spirit makes His home in me. (1 Cor. 6:19)
- I am part of Jesus’ body here on earth. (1 Cor. 12:27;)
- I am free. (Gal 5:1)
- I am a new creation. (2 Cor. 5:17)
- I am an ambassador of Jesus. (2 Cor. 5:18-20)
- I am God’s workmanship, His masterpiece, created in Jesus to do His work. (Eph. 2:10)
Remind yourself of who you are and whose you, every day for the next 30 days, and see what happens.
What “I Am” statement means the most to you? Is there an “I Am” statement in Scripture you want to tell us about that isn’t posted here?
Next week I’ll post 15 promises that Will Change Your Life. Stay tuned!
Photo credit: Lightstock.com