Sign up for Meal Packing!
Saturday, January 27, 2018 | BelPres Community Center
Register below for one of two meal packing sessions: Morning from 10am-12pm or Afternoon from 1-3pm
Meal Packing Fee: $15 per person
Registration fee helps cover the cost of the food and shipping of the meals. BelPres Mission+Serve is contributing $20,000 towards the $36,400 cost to pack 130,000 meals. The registration fee and your donations help us cover the remainder.
Scholarships are available on request. If you need a scholarship, register for Meal Packing by emailing Lisa Phelps at email@example.com
Would you would be willing to help welcome, host an assembly line table, set-up or clean-up for this event? You can sign up for these special volunteer positions by clicking the links below.
* Friday Night Setup Party (Pizza, setup, Training for Table Hosts, unloading of trucks, all abilities needed! You can do this in addition to serving on Saturday!)
* Morning Session Welcome Team (greet people, show them to their tables, answer questions)
* Afternoon Session Welcome Team (greet people, show them to their tables, answer questions)
* Clean Up Team (the most important team of all!)
* Table Captains (lead a table team to pack meals)
Where is all the food going?
Come join hundreds of people of all ages and abilities as we measure, weigh and pack meals for the people of Mokpangumba, Sierra Leone. We work in teams, assembly-line style, making friends, learning about the people we are feeding, and learning how we grow when we serve others and share what we have. BelPres partners with Children of the Nations, following best practices on international food aid. Mokpangumba is home to about 300 families, and 75% of the residents are women and children. The meals we pack will help families who are unable to grow enough food to feed their children. To read more about COTN’s work in Mokpangumba, click here. Childcare will be available at the morning session only for children 3 months to 3 years of age by reservation at firstname.lastname@example.org. Preschoolers age 3 and up have important work to do at the Meal Packing Marathon and are encouraged to participate with their families.