Bring God’s healing where you work, live, play and learn:
- Share Jesus’ love by inviting your neighbors for coffee or a meal.
- Read a good book with the Justice and Racial Reconciliation Book Discussion
- Tutor a youth at KidREACH or mentor a student at Eastside Academy.
- Bring non-perishable food, toiletries, and reusable bags to BelPres on the last Sunday of every Month for Renewal Food Bank.
Andrew’s House Washington (AHW) provides housing for young people, who are homeless and/or aged out of foster care in the critical space between childhood and adulthood.
In partnership with World Relief Seattle, BelPres helps refugees in their first months of transition with housing, furnished with donated supplies. Volunteers teach everyday living skills to start on the path to self-sufficiency.
Our mission is to provide academic support, build relationships with students and share the love of Christ through our actions.
You can be a significant influence in the life of a student! Serve in a meaningful way by spending one evening per week tutoring an underserved student. KidREACH students face academic challenges and their families are unable to provide the support they need. The program offers free one-on-one tutoring for students in grades K-12 and meets in the Upper Campus of BelPres on Tuesday and Thursday evenings from 6-8pm. The program currently has students enrolled in almost all grades. KidREACH follows the Bellevue School District calendar. As a tutor, you will not only support a student academically, but you will have the opportunity to walk alongside and share God’s love with him/her. Tutors have a positive impact on a student’s life by encouraging and appreciating them, celebrating their progress, supporting them in their struggles, and loving them as Jesus does. Please prayerfully consider being involved with KidREACH. We need tutors, one-time volunteers for different events and people to fill leadership roles.
Immediate Need for Tutors
These students are currently on the waitlist and would love to have a tutor this school year. Please pray about tutoring with one of them:
- Tuesdays: 10th and 11th grade boys, 5th grade girl
- Thursdays: 6th and 9th grade boys, 6th grade girl
What fits your interests and where can you help? To volunteer, please apply with Lisa Harold.
- Tutors and Substitute Tutors
- Site Coordinator
- Assistant Site Coordinator
- Administrative Assistant
- Party/Event Support
- Prayer Team Coordinator
For More Information
Contact Lisa Harold, Director of KidREACH 425-454-3082 ext. 3336 LHarold@belpres.org Or leave a message on the KidREACH Hotline at 425-454-3084 ext. 3203
Baby Basics Bellevue
Providing the Basics for Babies Baby Basics is a national non-profit that provides diapers to low-income working families all over the United States. Baby Basics Bellevue(BBB) is all volunteer supported and 100% of donations are used exclusively for the purchase of diapers. Families are referred to BBB from various agencies. Bellevue School District(BSD) refers about half of the families in the Baby Basics program. BSD reported 21% of students receive free or reduced-price lunch. In some schools, it is as high as 67%. Families We Serve Working families in Bellevue living on the edge of poverty use BBB. They may be experiencing a temporary setback from the loss of a higher paying job, health issues, or lack of better job opportunities. They do not receive any government cash assistance and may or may not be receiving food stamps, but struggle to make ends meet. BBB is a safe place for families to receive free diapers and encouragement, as well as referrals for community services. When entering the program, the family signs a contract that at least one family member will attend the monthly diaper distributions. No act of kindness, however small, is ever wasted. –Aesop
Heart of Baby Basics The goal of Baby Basics Bellevue(BBB) is to eliminate diaper needs and to bring families into the community. The dedication of our volunteers is the heart of our ministry, so we pray for our volunteer base to grow to facilitate more families into Baby Basics. Giving the gift of your time, expertise and kindness are vital to nurture and grow the BBB program. How You Can Help There are many ways you can help with BBB. If you’re interested in the opportunities below or have suggestions of other ways to serve, please contact Kim Stone or Anne Marie Brandes.
- Bundle Diapers – Fun to do with friends or your family! We need 2 sets of volunteers for this easy do-ahead project.
- Distribute Diapers – We need four adults with warm smiles and hospitality to distribute to the families. Set up at 5:30pm and distribute from 6:00-7:30pm on the Second Tuesdays of the month in UC-325 at BelPres.
- Professional Skills – help with development, public relations, and grant requests.
- Spread the word – serve as a liaison with your church, synagogue, or employer.
- Spanish Translator Needed – Help with occasional phone and email communications, and distribution nights.